Stay Informed: Request your Absentee Ballot for Election Day Today!
We are in the midst of one of the most important elections of our lifetime, which also happens to coincide with one of the most serious pandemics of our lifetime. Many New Yorkers are unable to vote in-person due to health-related reasons, so they depend on mail-in ballots in order to vote. With the ongoing war on COVID-19, nearly every New Yorker will opt to vote by mail. This includes people and veterans with disabilities. Here are some facts to keep in mind:
The early voting period is October 24, 2020 - November 1, 2020. You can vote even if you cannot get to the polling place on Election Day.
How can I apply for a mail-in ballot?
- Online - Coming Soon
- Email application to AbsenteeJune2020@boe.nyc. Applications must be saved in a (.pdf) format to avoid delays.
- Fax application to 212-487-5349
- Mail application to local borough office
- Calling 1-866-VOTE-NYC (1-866-868-3692)
IMPORTANT - click here to download your application.
When is your mail-in ballot due?
- You must postmark, apply online (coming soon), email or fax completed application for the General Absentee ballot by October 27, 2020.
- You may apply in-person by November 2, 2020.
- Ballots will be mailed beginning on/after September 18, 2020.
We cannot stress this enough: voting isn't just a right, it's an American principle and a basic democratic right that should be protected, promoted, and practiced.
If you have any questions, visit https://vote.nyc/page/absentee-voting.
Leave a comment
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published