Source: Erik Bascome, silive.com
Lyft Is making it easier for New Yorkers to book accessible rides.
Announced around a month ago from an article at SILive.com, "...New York users can now book and schedule Access (wheelchair-accessible) rides directly through the Lyft app."
To book an Access ride (NOT to be confused with the MTA's "Access-A-Ride" service), New Yorkers can simply insert their destination, click “More,” and then choose Access to book or schedule a wheelchair-accessible ride.
Here’s a step-by-step breakdown of the process:
- Open the Lyft app and enter your destination.
- Scroll to ‘More,’ choose Access, then tap Schedule in the bottom-right corner of your screen.
- Enter your pickup location and tap Confirm pickup.
- Choose the date and time for your ride, then tap Set pick up time. You can schedule rides up to 7 days in advance.
- Review the price and time of your ride, then tap Schedule -- and you’re all set.
Note: you will need to pay a full cab fare even if you book an Access ride from the Lyft app.
You can read the rest of the article by visiting: https://www.silive.com/news/2020/04/lyft-makes-it-easier-for-wheelchair-users-to-catch-a-ride.html